Steve Donohoe is responsible for overseeing all business operations of Donohoe Construction’s New Construction, Rapid Response, and Building Enhancements service divisions. Steve has worked on a variety of projects and in diverse capacities in the construction industry including superintendent, project manager, development director, operations management, business development, and vice president; he has served as president of construction since 2001.
Steve Donohoe’s career in construction began in high school and college when he worked summers as a laborer, field engineer, and in the payroll, accounts payable, and estimating departments. After receiving his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering at Lafayette College, he began working as superintendent of a downtown office building project. He moved through the ranks from project management to vice president and director of development projects. In 1990, he moved to Raleigh, North Carolina, to open and oversee a regional office that produced hospitals, universities, and pharmaceutical and detention facilities across the state. In 1995 he returned to the Washington, DC office to oversee field operations, which expanded to estimating and business development.
B.S., Civil Engineering, Lafayette College
- Board of Associated Builders and Contractors of Metropolitan Washington, former chair
- American Institute of Constructors Local Chapter, former president
- Board of the DC Students Construction Trades Foundation, member
- DC Green Builder’s Council, member
- DC Building Industry Association, member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, member
- Board of Trade, member
- Washington Building Congress, Board of Governors member
- St. John’s College High School, Board of Trustees member